NE Tarrant Tea Party wants to give you every opportunity to cast an educated vote in the Primary Election. We are thrilled to offer you our Thursday Night Debate Series. We’re hosting debates in the hottest races in our area on Thursday nights throughout the season.
Unfortunately, several incumbents have no interest in visiting with tea party folks. This includes Vicki Truitt, Todd Smith and Kenny Marchant. For those races, we’ll still do a Q&A with the challenger so that you can hear what the issues are and how the candidate plans to address them, but those will occur either during an NETTP monthly meeting or tacked onto a different debate. Each event will include time for pre-written questions, as well as questions from the audience.
Events will last one hour from 7-8pm. Names in bold font below have confirmed participation. Names in italics have directly stated they will not attend either by telling us so or by ignoring us completely.
- Feb 13: TX House, District 98 – Vicki Truitt (i) vs Giovanni Capriglione TX (Since Truitt has not even responded to our invitation, this will be an interview of Giovanni held during our monthly meeting).
- Mar 15: TX House, District 93 – Matt Krause vs Barbara Nash(i) vs Pat Carlson (Heritage Church of Christ, 4201 Heritage Trace Parkway, Keller – use the east patio doors)
- Mar 22: TX House, District 91 – Stephanie Klick vs Thombs vs Sapp vs Scoma (Foster Village Recreation Bldg, 6600 Starnes, Watauga )
- Apr 9: TX House, District 92 – Roger Fisher vs Jonathan Stickland (since Fisher has refused to even respond to the tea party, this will be a Q&A session for Jonathan).
- Apr 9: US Congress, District 24 – Kenny Marchant (i) vs Grant Stinchfield (since Marchant has declined to speak with the tea party, this will be a Q&A session for Grant).
- Apr 26: TX Senate, District 10 – Cooper vs Shelton – this date is tentative
- May 14: TX Senate, District 9 – Kelly Hancock vs Todd Smith – (since Smith has refused to even respond the tea party, this will be a Q&A session for Hancock).
- May 14: Tarrant County Commissioner – Fickes vs Bickley vs Watson-Lawrence (since Bickley is the only one who has responded to our request, this will be a Q&A session with him alone).